Community Reinvestment Awards
Each year, the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation hosts its signature event, the Annual Community Reinvestment Awards (CRA), during the first week of November. This is an evening honoring those who further the mission of CRA, “Sowing the Seed for a Brighter Future”.
In 2016, the Foundation celebrated its 20th Anniversary in conjunction with the Community Reinvestment Awards. The event’s theme, “Celebrating 20 Year of Excellence,” was hosted by Comedian Rickey Smiley, with performances by comedienne Rita B., and seven-time Grammy nominee, Joe Thomas.
The evening honored a host of award recipients which included:
- The Dr. Aaron Shirley Scholarship Scholars,
- Sylvionna Horton
- Mary Sampson
- Joy Gordon
- Montrease McLaurin
- Outstanding For Profit: Sai Shyam Inc. (Subway)
- Outstanding Non Profit: Mississippi Paralysis Association
- The Perry W. Robinson, Sr. Community Leader Award Recipient: Supervisor Peggy L. Calhoun
- The Keith Tonkel Community Leader Award: Ms. Dorothy Pace; and
- A host of top sponsors who made the event possible