The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications for part time Valet Parking Attendant positions at the University of Mississippi Medical Center main campus.
The valet service operates from 5:30AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a non-profit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care and to promote economic and community development in the Medical Mall District. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997.
VALET PARKING ATTENDANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients.
- Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Uses guests’ last names during interactions.
- Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location.
- Practices proper phone etiquette.
- Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks.
- Performs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and drives slowly and cautiously.
- Assists guests with bell services and luggage storage as needed.
- Opens all vehicle and hospital doors for guests.
- Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries
- Provides guests with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area.
- Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested.
- Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival.
MAIN DUTIES FOR THE VALET PARKING ATTENDANT:
- Valet parks customer vehicles in prompt, safe, and courteous fashion.
- Safely and slowly navigates through parking lot and maintains lookout to avoid hazardous situations. Drives defensively, avoiding accidents.
- Records all information on parking stubs/tickets, transferring required information to log sheets, and maintains log sheets/reports.
- Ensures car keys that are not picked up at the end of the day are taken to the arranged after hour collection point.
- Maintains a respectful and positive attitude toward patients/visitors and other employees displaying a professional image and excellent customer service at all times. Provides clear and concise information in response to questions.
- Safeguards staff and patient information.
- Works with Security to provide information regarding incidents or issues as needed.
- Reports any equipment or material problems to supervisor.
- Possess a current driver's license with no outstanding citations or warrants
- Able to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to follow work instructions and procedures
- Able to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Standing, Walking, Manual Dexterity
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Previous work experience as a valet or parking attendant is preferred
- Experience driving manual shift is helpful
- This position is part time and pays hourly wages.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR
- one to three months related experience and/or training; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
All positions are subject to close without notice. Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.