The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications to fill vacancies for Security Officers in Mall Services Security Department.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a non-profit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care and to promote economic and community development in the Medical Mall District. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997.
CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK:
This is professional security enforcement work safeguarding the employees, patients, visitors/customers and property of a facility of the Jackson Medical Mall (JMM), as well as providing other services to the population of the facility. The incumbent prevents and detects crime and apprehends criminals. He/she monitors the entrance and exit gates to grounds, responds to emergency and security calls, enforces traffic regulations to emergency and security calls, conducts investigations, prepares written reports, and enforces the policies of Medical Mall and its facilities. Duties are performed with direct supervision from a security enforcement officer of a higher job classification.
- Law enforcement or security experience is preferred.
- Successful completion of the basic curriculum approved by the Board of Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Training.
Graduation from a standard four-year high school or the equivalent (GED);
One (1) year of experience in law enforcement or two (2) years experience in security;
Possession of a current State of Mississippi Law Enforcement Professional Certificate, previous law enforcement officer in GOOD standing with inactive certificate or retired law enforcement officer (applies “ONLY” to law enforcement officers, NOT security applicants).
Graduation from a standard four-year high school, related education, and directly related experience may be substituted on an equal basis.
- Applicant must submit a valid copy of his/her current certification as a State of Mississippi Law Enforcement Professional, if applicable.
- Attainment of at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of employment.
- Possession of United States of America citizenship.
- Consent for fingerprinting and a background investigation prior to employment.
- Provision of a complete listing of convictions, if any, of all crimes including traffic violations.
- Successful completion of a physical and mental examination conducted by a licensed medical doctor prior to employment.
- Provision of references documenting good moral character.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Examples of work performed in this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigates crimes on Mall premises and makes arrests as appropriate.
- Responds to emergency situations such as fires, bomb threats, elopements, or other situations occurring on the grounds of a JMM facility.
- Issues citations and arrests individuals committing unlawful or unauthorized activities on JMM facility grounds.
- Assists direct care staff with resistive/combative patients, applying restraint devices if needed.
- Searches patients and their personal belongings for harmful or unallowable items.
- Inventories and records all personal property in proper logs/manuals and signs ledger.
- Observes incoming vehicles for proper decal, assists visitors/customers and patients, verifying information and giving direction.
- Makes visual check for presence of alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, firearms and other items that could be used as weapons.
- Makes written reports of incidents.
- Uses communication radio to give or receive information.
- Patrols the roadways of facility to monitor unusual patient, staff and visitor activity.
- Enforces traffic and parking regulations.
- Searches for and returns lost or eloped patients and provides escort services to visitors.
- Interviews and collects statements from individuals that fall within the scope of an investigation.
- Assists other security/police officers in conducting investigations on JMM facility grounds.
- Gathers and submits evidence for analysis
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.