ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The JMMF Proprietary HealthCare Assistant will:
- Report to the School Director.
- Provide administrative, clerical and program assistance to SBEC. These administrative and clerical responsibilities include:
- Answering phones and greeting visitors and patrons
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Collating and distributing mail
- Preparing communications such as memos, emails, invoices, and other documents
- Writing and editing documents ranging from letters to reports
- Creating and maintaining filing system, both electronic and physical
- Managing accounts and performing bookkeepingAssist in maintaining internal data collection and evaluation data.
- With guidance from the Grant Finance Director and the School Director, maintain a system of financial records, financial protocols, controls, and accounting procedures for the implantation of the grant in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), applicable regulations, submitting all reports in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Inventory, following the requirements of GAAP.
- Maintain an inventory control system and purchases supplies, parts, and equipment through the established bid or price quote process that follows JMMF purchasing policy, federal, state and local regulations.
- Operate electronic and other equipment needed to carry out job functions and responsibilities. Use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
- Assist in the development of presentations, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Assist in organizing curricula and instructional materials.
- Attend required meetings and serve, as appropriate on staff committees.
- Notify and assist the administration and appropriate emergency personnel of any emergency, and potentially dangerous or unusual situations.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with patrons, tenants, staff, and outside agencies associated with the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation.
- Serve as a role model for all staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- All JMMF employees are required to sign and follow the approved confidentiality agreement.
- Observe strictly, to avoid the appearance of conflict, regarding conflicts of interest in employment, purchasing, and other decisions, including solicitation and acceptance of gifts and favors, and submit in a timely fashion the required annual disclosure statement regarding employment and financial interests.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned.
Education: College/ Community College Degree; experience can substitute for education.
Experience: Minimum of three to five years recent administrative, clerical and program support experience, which demonstrates the ability/knowledge to provide assistance in planning, development and operations of a multi-initiative project.
Experience should include:
- Considerable recent applicable experience in consumer services, administrative, clerical and program support services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to impart quality customer service principles into the organization.
- Problem-solving and multi-tasking skills for a multi-initiative project.
- Creativity, vision, and sensitivity to support a multi-initiative project.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer Literacy – Must have a mastery of word-processing software and must be proficient at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer and other database systems.
- Writing Skills – Must demonstrate a proficiency in the inscription of correspondences, memos and project reports.
- Oral Communications Skills – Must be proficient to efficiently speak with staff, tenants, vendors, contractors and patrons.
- System Skills - Knowledge of the overall mission, functions, and organization of the agency or component, including agency/grant program operations, processes, goals, and objectives.
- Organizational Skills - Persistence in verbal and written communication skills, time-management, organizational skills, attention to details, working with teams, timeliness and problem-solving skills.
- Office Demeanor: Pleasant, welcoming and professional attitude.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also exceptionally imperative. Must be able to communicate with a diverse group of individuals due to the interaction from all demographics and to provide excellent customer services.
- Familiarity with maintaining the administrative, clerical and program needs of a multi-initiative project.
This position pays a competitive salary. JMMF will pay for health, dental and life insurance and allow employee to participate in a deferred compensation system. JMMF provides semiannual performance reviews for all employees. Employee earns one week of vacation after six months and a second week after a full year. JMMF provides nine paid holidays for this position.