The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician in the Facilities & Operations Department.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a non-profit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care and to promote economic and community development in the Medical Mall District. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer Literacy – Must have a mastery of word-processing property management software (Bigfoot) and Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer and other database systems.
- Writing Skills – Must demonstrate a proficiency in the inscription of correspondences, memos and project reports.
- Oral Communications Skills – Must be proficient to efficiently speak with staff, tenants, vendors, contractors and patrons.
- System Skills – Knowledge of the overall mission, functions, and organization of the agency or component, including agency program operations, processes, goals, and objectives.
- Organizational Skills – Persistence in verbal and written communication skills, and administrative/business skills.
JMMF will pay for health, dental and life insurance and allow employee to participate in a deferred compensation system. JMMF provides semiannual performance reviews for all employees. Employee earns one week of vacation after six months and a second week after a full year. JMMF provides nine paid holidays for this position. JMMF also has a tuition assistance program for full-time employees.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Technician:
- Reports directly to the Supervisor of Maintenance. Meets weekly with the Facility Administration department to discuss problems and corrective actions.
- Maintain and repair all HVAC equipment and components per manufactures recommendation, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filters and lubrications, etc. Learn basics of equipment management controls to be able to start, stop, seek status or change conditions on HVAC systems
- Complete and close out work orders in CMMS System (Bigfoot) as well as enter time worked and materials used.
- Respond to fire alarms and notifications triggered at the fire alarm panels; know the locations of each panel and be familiar with its operation for proper control, etc.
- Works directly with Tenants and The Facility Operations Team in the following: (HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, painting, and structural); Completes repairs in a timely fashion
- Complies with JMMF Thad Cochran Employee Handbook.
- Monitors energy management system and make recommendations for temperature control for tenants throughout the facilities.
- Performs work orders daily and must be able to work in a team structured environment.
- Must be able to use a ladder and lift 30-40 pounds; as well as being able to walk long periods throughout the day.
- Maintains an inventory control system and purchases supplies, parts, and equipment through the established bid or price quote process that follows JMMF purchasing policy, federal, state and local regulations.
- Must adhere to maintenance on-call policy and procedures.
High School Diploma is required. An associate degree of the related field is encouraged; however, length of experience may be considered.
Minimum of 5 to 6 years of maintenance experience with emphasis in HVAC is required. Provide excellent customer service to tenants and patrons.