The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting resumes and/or applications for Housekeepers in the Environmental Services (EVS) Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Provides superlative service to Jackson Medical Mall's tenants, guests and co-workers in performing all housekeeping duties.
SAFETY & JOB HAZARDS FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure work areas are safe.
- Procedures regarding cleaners, hazardous materials or objects are strictly adhered to
- Equipment and supplies are properly stored
- Ensure Universal Precautions procedures are followed
- Ensure Infection Control procedures are followed
- Ensure Isolation procedures are followed
- Ensure Fire, Safety & Sanitation procedures are followed
- Promptly report any hazardous conditions and equipment to the supervisor
- Report all accidents and incidents
IN-SERVICE & STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNCTIONS:
- Attend orientation
- Attend in-services as required by the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
- Participate in training new staff members as requested
- Attend staff meetings
- General knowledge of established cleaning procedures and techniques, and special applications required in assigned areas
- General knoledge of the purpose and application of products, and equipment used in cleaning operations
- Ability to follow a daily work schedule and observe performance of a small work group, and to react to situations requiring minor adjustments to routine
- Ability to physically perform the duties of housekeeping
- Ability to receive, understand, and convey applicable written or oral instructions, and to complete simple reports
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Minimum Education and Experience
- Education or training sufficient to read and write. One year of experience in housekeeping or related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vaccuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls,, machines, and equipment.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, inorder to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to EVS equipment.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or outside.
- Observe precautions required to protect tenants, guest and employees' property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors or security.
- Carry cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.