ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides superlative service to Jackson Medical Mall’s tenants, guests, and co-workers in performing all housekeeping duties.
Safety & Job Hazards Functions
- Ensure work areas are safe
- Procedures regarding cleaners, hazardous materials or objects are strictly adhered to
- Equipment and supplies are properly stored
- Ensure Universal Precautions procedures are followed
- Ensure Infection Control procedures are followed
- Ensure Isolation procedures are followed
- Ensure Fire, Safety & Sanitation procedures are followed
- Promptly report any hazardous conditions and equipment to the supervisor
- Report all accidents and incidents.
In-service & Staff Developments Functions
- Attend Orientation
- Attend In-services as required by the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
- Participate in training new staff members as requested
- Attending staff meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of established cleaning procedures and techniques, and special applications required in assigned areas
- General knowledge of the purpose and application of products, and equipment used in cleaning operations
- Ability to follow a daily work schedule and observe performance of a small work group, and to react to situations requiring minor adjustments to routine
- Ability to physically perform the duties of housekeeping
- Ability to receive, understand, and convey applicable written or oral instructions, and to complete simple reports
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Minimum Education and Experience
- Education or training sufficient to read and write. One year of experience in housekeeping or related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES PERFORMED
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to EVS equipment.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or outside
- Observe precautions required to protect tenants, guest and employees’ property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors or security.
- Carry cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.
This position is full time and pays hourly wages. JMMF will pay for health, dental, life insurance and allow employee to participate in a deferred compensation system. JMMF provides semiannual performance reviews for all employees with bonuses of as much as 10% of base pay. Employee earns one week of vacation after six months and a second week after a full year. JMMF provides nine paid holidays for this position. JMMF also has a tuition assistance program for full-time employees.