CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications for two (2) Customer Support Specialists in the Support & Outreach Department.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a nonprofit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care delivery and to promote economic and community development in the area surrounding the Medical Mall. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997. At present, the facility is about 98% occupied and houses nearly 80 health care, human service, nonprofit, commercial, and retail tenants.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer Literacy – This person must have working knowledge of word-processing software and must be able to navigate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Writing Skills – This person must demonstrate a proficiency in the writing of letters, memos and project reports.
- Oral Communications Skills – This person must be able to effectively speak with tenants and other customers as well as other JMMF employees.
- System Skills – Knowledge of the overall mission, functions, and organization of the agency or component, including agency program operations, processes, goals, and objectives.
- Organizational Skills – Persistence in verbal and written communication skills, administrative/business skills, and knowledge of grant procedures.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to direct others to work efficiently.
- Understand basic accounting.
- Basic management and leadership techniques.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, analyze, execute and document specific administrative and management functions with a sense of the long-term goals of the department.
- Must have knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Guidelines and must be HIPAA Certified. (Certification can be provided by JMMF).
- Experience working with the homeless population and/or low-income families is preferred.
- Case management experience is a plus.
- Professional Appearance – Since customers form impressions about the professionalism of JMMF by evaluating employee appearance, employees should dress professionally. No plunging neck lines or open shirts. No distracting hair color or styles that is inappropriate for a professional office environment.
- Outgoing/ Confident Personality – Because the Customer Support Specialist often makes the first contact with each customer, it is vital that this person be warm and friendly. This position requires a person who truly enjoys working with people.
- Communication Skills – The ability to clearly explain JMMF services, hours of operation and listen effectively to customers is critical to this position.
- Good Phone Manner – The ability to effectively communicate over the telephone. Good voice tone, hearing, and the ability to articulate on the phone are vital.
- Good Organizational Skills – This person must be organized and able to multi-task exceptionally well.
- Reliability – Customer Support Specialist must be prompt, dependable, and consistent in their performance.
JMMF will pay for health, dental and life insurance and allow employee to participate in a deferred compensation system. JMMF provides semiannual performance reviews for all employees with bonuses of as much as 10% of base pay. Employee earns one week of vacation after six months and a second week after a full year. JMMF provides nine paid holidays for this position. JMMF also has a tuition assistance program for full-time employees.
The Customer Support Specialist reports to and works directly with the VP, Support & Outreach Services. The Customer Support Specialist is also responsible for assisting with a series of short and long-term assignments.
Customer Support Specialist Duties
- Conduct comprehensive initial screening process to determine eligibility for program services, providing assessment, intake and enrollment where appropriate.
- Manage a caseload of specific clients including developing Service Goal Plan, and monitoring of client’s compliance with program rules.
- Describe program guidelines and address client questions or concerns.
- Conduct an assessment interview with client to obtain as much relevant information as possible to identify barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing.
- Complete all required contract paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
- Make contact with clients to schedule intake appointment.
- Maintain regular contact with agency staff and community partners on status of referrals
- Build relationships with those individuals with the goal of assisting them in obtaining permanent housing.
- Engage in meaningful relationships with program participants, encouraging clients to break the cycle of homelessness.
- Conduct Intake responsibilities for the program.
- Maintaining program participant records.
- Assist in development of positive working relationships with other agencies.
- Collect required intake program documentation and data for accurate assessment.
- Assist program participants in completing program intake forms.
- Ensure that all guidelines are met between the intake and approval processes.
- Identify current issues or challenges within the program and provide feedback to the Project Director.
- Assist with the day to day processes of approval, reporting, and implementation of new procedures.
- Assist with identification of housing resources for clients and maintain adequate records for departmental references.
- Provide feedback to the team regarding approval and intake standards and procedures.
- Review files to guarantee that they are in compliance with HUD regulations.
- Review files for accuracy and legitimacy before final decision is made.
- Comply with all confidentiality standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. At the discretion of the Executive Director and VP, Support & Outreach Services, this position may require an additional time commitment for special projects.