The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications for one (1) Customer Service Representative in the Support & Outreach Department.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a nonprofit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care delivery and to promote economic and community development in the area surrounding the Medical Mall. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997. At present, the facility is about 98% occupied and houses nearly 80 health care, human service, nonprofit, commercial, and retail tenants.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED
Computer Literacy – This person must have working knowledge of word-processing software and must be able to navigate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Routing Software
Writing Skills – This person must demonstrate proficiency in the writing of letters, memos, and project reports.
Oral Communications Skills – This person must be able to effectively speak with tenants and other customers as well as other JMMF employees.
System Skills - Knowledge of the overall mission, functions, and organization of the agency or component, including agency program operations, processes, goals, and objectives.
Organizational Skills - Persistence in verbal and written communication skills, administrative/business skills, and knowledge of grant procedures.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Working Knowledge of Call Center functions, sales & route information.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with patients of all ages.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
- Must exercise patience, concern, and efficient telephone protocol at all times.
- Experience in customer service.
- Considerable knowledge of the geographical layout.
- Must be able to communicate verbally & written with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret transportation schedules.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Application with an emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license required.
The Customer Service Representative reports to and works directly with the Mobility Manager. Customer Service Representative is also responsible for assisting with a series of short and long-term assignments related to both sustaining and expanding the JMMF Transportation & Call Center.
Job Specific Tasks for the Voucher Salesperson
- Collect fees for voucher/bus pass purchases.
- Submit all monies for daily deposits to Mobility Manager.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Maintains call center database by entering information.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all transit services, routes, schedules, transfer points, fares, and other related policies and programs.
- Create monthly reports to submit with monthly reimbursement requests that includes demographic information, income ranges, gender, race, etc.
- Serves as a source of information and answer consumer questions and concerns, provide appropriate guidance on transit programs and eligibility requirements.
- Meet with Mobility Manager weekly to discuss changes, suggestions or ideas for overall improvement of representatives and meeting needs of the customers.
- Responsible for dissemination of printed route schedules and other transit-related information.
- Update consumers and transit providers on route changes, delays and new schedule information.
- Manage transportation records created and received in compliance with the Central MS Planning and Development District and MS Department of Transportation
- Prepare and/or coordinate required documentation in support of the 5310 Elderly and Disabled Programs, Title XX, independent audits, state audits, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Mobility Manager.
Normal work days for this position are Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. At the discretion of the Executive Director and the Mobility Manager, this position may require an additional time commitment for special projects.