CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation is accepting applications for one (1) Customer Service Representative in the Support & Outreach Department.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation (JMMF) is a nonprofit organization that owns and manages the Jackson Medical Mall. The Foundation’s mission is to foster a holistic approach to health care delivery and to promote economic and community development in the area surrounding the Medical Mall. The Foundation began operations in 1996 and first opened health care clinics and government offices in 1997. At present, the facility is about 98% occupied and houses nearly 80 health care, human service, nonprofit, commercial, and retail tenants.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer Literacy – This person must have working knowledge of word-processing software and must be able to navigate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Routing Software.
- Writing Skills – This person must demonstrate a proficiency in the writing of letters, memos and project reports.
- Oral Communications Skills – This person must be able to effectively speak with tenants and other customers as well as other JMMF employees.
- System Skills – Knowledge of the overall mission, functions, and organization of the agency or component, including agency program operations, processes, goals, and objectives.
- Organizational Skills – Persistence in verbal and written communication skills, administrative/business skills, and knowledge of grant procedures.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Working Knowledge of Call Center functions, sales & route information.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally & written with internal and external customers, and ability to interact well with customers of all ages.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
- Must exercise patience, concern, and efficient telephone protocol at all times.
- Experience in customer service.
- Considerable knowledge of the geographical layout.
- Ability to read and interpret transportation schedules.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Application with emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license required.
Experienced in Microsoft Office Application with emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel.
Physical Demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Call Center Representative is responsible for working in a call center environment, interact with the customers to deliver information in answer to general customer inquiries, invoice questions, orders, and customer complaints. Their main aim is to project the professional organization image through telephone interaction, handle customer complaints and offer suitable proper solution, respond to internal and external stakeholders by providing accurate and timely information.
The Customer Service Representative reports to and works directly with the Mobility Manager and the VP of Support & Outreach. Customer Service Representative is also responsible for assisting with a series of short and long-term assignments related to both sustaining and expanding the JMMF Transportation & Call Center.
Job Specific Tasks for the Customer Service Representative
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions.
- Fulfills requests by clarifying desired information; completing transactions; forwarding requests.
- Maintains call center database by entering information.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities provided by JMMF.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all transit services, routes, schedules, transfer points, fares, and other related policies and programs provided by JMMF.
- Serves as a source of information and answer consumer questions and concerns, provide appropriate guidance on transit programs and eligibility requirements.
- Meet with Mobility Manager as needed to discuss changes, suggestions or ideas for overall improvement of representatives and meeting needs of the customers.
- Responsible for dissemination of route schedules to transit providers.
- Update consumers and transit providers on route changes, delays and new schedule information.
- Communicating consumer concerns, solutions, successes and opportunities to Mobility Manager.
- Manage transportation records created and received in compliance with the Central MS Planning and Development District and MS Department of Transportation.
- Prepare and/or coordinate required documentation in support of the 5310 Elderly and Disabled Programs, Title XX, independent audits, state audits, etc.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the Mobility Manager and VP of Support & Outreach.
Normal work days for this position are Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. At the discretion of the Executive Director, VP of Support & Outreach, and the Mobility Manager, this position may require an additional time commitment for special projects.