JACKSON MEDICAL MALL FOUNDATION
POSITION TITLE: Call Center Representative
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Mobility Manager
The Call Center Representative is responsible for working in a call center environment, interact with the customers to deliver information in answer to general customer inquiries, invoice questions, orders, and customer complaints. Their main aim is to project the professional organization image through telephone interaction, handle customer complaints and offer a suitable proper solution, respond to internal and external stakeholders by providing accurate and timely information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions.
- Fulfills requests by clarifying desired information; completing transactions; forwarding requests.
- Maintains call center database by entering information.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities provided by JMMF.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all transit services, routes, schedules, transfer points, fares, and other related policies and programs provided by JMMF.
- Serves as a source of information and answer consumer questions and concerns, provide appropriate guidance on transit programs and eligibility requirements.
- Meet with Mobility Manager as needed to discuss changes, suggestions or ideas for overall improvement of representatives and meeting needs of the customers.
- Responsible for dissemination of route schedules to transit providers.
- Update consumers and transit providers on route changes, delays and new schedule information.
- Communicating consumer concerns, solutions, successes and opportunities to Mobility Manager.
- Manage transportation records created and received in compliance with the Central MS Planning and Development District and MS Department of Transportation.
- Prepare and/or coordinate required documentation in support of the 5310 Elderly and Disabled Programs, Title XX, independent audits, state audits, etc.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the Mobility Manager.
Normal work days are Monday-Friday at hours previously scheduled by the mobility manager. At the discretion of the Executive Director and VP of Support & Outreach, this position may require an additional time commitment for special projects.
- Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Must have knowledge of call center functions, sales, and route information. Must exercise patience, concern, and efficient telephone protocol at all times. Must work outside regular business hours and work overtime to assure that the department is properly staffed and is meeting customer needs. Must have knowledge of office and proper telephone protocol and the ability to read and interpret schedules. Must be able to communicate verbally and written with internal and external customers.
Experienced in Microsoft Office Application with an emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel.
Physical Demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE DUTIES LISTED ABOVE ARE INTENDED ONLY AS ILLUSTRATIONS OF THE VARIOUS TYPES OF WORK THAT MAY BE PERFORMED. THE OMISSION OF SPECIFIC STATEMENTS OF DUTIES DOES NOT EXCLUDE THEM FROM THE POSITION IF THE WORK IS SIMILAR, RELATED, OR A LOGICAL ASSIGNMENT TO THE POSITION.