Jackson Medical Mall’s COVID-19 Re-Opening Guidelines
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation has been following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is taking all necessary precautions to continuously provide an appropriate response that is in the best interest of our employees, tenants, and patrons.
While the country attempts to return to some state of normalcy and businesses around us begin to reopen, please know that JMMF intends to do so in an abundance of care. To maintain safety measures, public access to JMMF’s administrative offices will remain closed. All events, gatherings, and nonessential activities (i.e. walking and congregating) are discontinued indefinitely. Our nonessential staff will continue to work from home until notified otherwise by JMMF’s executive officers. Essential staff will continue to work specialized schedules until further notice. For the health and safety of our vulnerable populations, staff, tenants, and patrons, JMMF is requiring everyone entering the facility to wear face masks while on the premises of the Jackson Medical Mall.
To enhance safety measures throughout the facility and remain in compliance with the State of Mississippi, please read the MS Executive Order 1492 issued by Governor Tate Reeves to reopen businesses and review the guidelines below as it pertains to the reopening of the Jackson Medical Mall:
Safety Measures Taken by JMMF
- EVS Team has increased the frequency and enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures using CDC recommended products, with an amplified focus on all high-volume touchpoints such as restrooms, elevators, entrance doors, and handrails
- Limited access to the Mall Common Area to healthcare workers, patients, JMMF authorized personnel, and customers or tenants in that area.
- All events and large meetings have been suspended in compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines and executive orders
- Closed JMMF Administrative offices to the public
- Removed dining and seating areas in the mall common and retail area
- Visitors must wear a mask in the JMMF mall
- All employees including Transportation, Maintenance, EVS and Security teams must wear face coverings and/or masks while working
- Employee meetings are held via video or conference calls
- Employees who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who has test positive of the COVID-19 must stay at home for 15 days and return to work with a letter from a medical provider confirming a negative COVID-19 test result
- Support JMMF team members by:
- Allowing employees to work at home depending on job duties/function
- Protecting vulnerable employees from exposure to COVID-19
- Consistent expressions of appreciation to employees, particularly those on the frontline or essential employees
- The maintenance team will schedule maintenance work during the lowest peak of employee presence
- Signs will be placed on all entrance doors, and throughout the facility informing visitors to follow CDC recommended guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and promote healthy habits
- Signs will be placed at each elevator advising users to not overcrowd the elevator to avoid close contact with other users
- Placed directional signs on the floors within the walkways of each office suite and high traffic area to maintain social distancing
- Zoned/Designated certain mall entrances as entry only or exit only areas.
- Letters have been sent to all tenants concerning CDC guidelines to slow the spread of COVID-19 and JMMF’s policy and procedures to support such guidelines
- Sneeze shields have been installed on public work counters to protect employees, such as Call Center/Information Center, Security/Information Center, and Administrative Office Front Desk
- Wheelchairs will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized, and placed in a labeled area after each use.
Schools and Childcare Services
- Students should stay with the same teacher throughout the day.
- Place shields around each sitting area or desk.
- Keep students in different classes separated throughout the day.
- Disinfect and sanitize all toys and tools that students touch after each use.
- Children over the age of 2 should wear masks as recommended by the CDC
- Desks or sitting areas should be 6ft apart and facing one direction
- No playground time or gathering in one area (In some regards, its safer outside than inside)
- Limit volunteers and visitors
- Refrain from taking field trips
- Stagger pickup/arrival times
Adult Daycare Services
- Wear Mask
- No sharing of any items
- Participants should be seated 6 ft or more apart.
- Stagger arrival/pickup time of enrollees
- Conduct daily health and temperature checks
- Refrain from taking field trips
Restaurants and Eateries
- Conduct a pre-shift health check for every employee.
- Use disposable utensils, placemats, condiment packages, and menus, or clean, disinfect, and sanitize all items after each use.
- Encourage frequent handwashing by employees and/or make hand sanitizer available to all employees.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces frequently
- Wear a mask
- Consider contactless payment options
- Restrict the number of customers in the restaurant, prepare and display a communication board
- Observe health officials’ social distancing recommendations
- Provide call-in options and curbside pickup
- Create a contactless service for frequently touched surfaces by customers (i.e. drink and beverage stations, cutlery and condiment stations, etc.)
Beauty Services (Hair/Nail Salons)
- Must include hand sanitizer at every entrance.
- Customers and employees will be screened at the door and in waiting rooms
- Customers should wait in the car until they are called to receive services.
- Customers are required to wear a mask
- Businesses will not allow any customers inside who have a fever
- Must have chairs spaced out at least six feet apart.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces frequently
Entertainment and Recreation
Please review and adhere to MS Executive Order 1492, reference Paragraph I. (j)
Please review and adhere to MS Executive Order 1492, reference Paragraph I. (f) (iv)
Dance Studios, Gyms, and Fitness Centers
UPDATED – April 2020
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation has been following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is taking all necessary precautions to provide an appropriate response that is in the best interest of our employees, tenants, and patrons. For your safety, all events, activities (i.e. walking, congregating, chess and card games) and programming in the mall’s common area and private event spaces are cancelled through April 30th.
Although our entire facility is cleaned daily, we’ve purchased specialized products to deep clean, sanitize, and disinfect the facility. The facility is cleaned frequently throughout the day with a focus on high traffic areas and areas that serve vulnerable populations.
The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation’s administrative offices are closed to the public until further notice. Our offices will continue providing services to our tenants and patrons via email and phone.
Due to the nature of services that are provided at the Jackson Medical Mall, we will remain open unless otherwise required by the government. Individual clinics, restaurants, and all other business hours may vary. Please contact that business for details before you visit.
We are following the guidelines offered by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please take the necessary precautions to stay safe and prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by following these recommendations:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer when hand soap and water are not available.
- Disinfect commonly used surfaces frequently and wash your hands after touching objects.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Do not come to work if you are not feeling well
- Please practice social distancing. Avoid gatherings with crowds larger than 10 people and eliminate non-essential travel to help stop or slow down the rate of transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Please stay at home as much as possible.
We will continue to monitor this situation and follow the recommendations from the MSDH and the CDC regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). Stay connected by following us online at jacksonmedicalmall.org.